Monday 15 March 2010

10 Deadly Relationship Mistakes That Cause Breakups

Mistake #2 – Trying To Change Your Partner

Some of the most common emails that I get every day are questions such as,

“Hi, my boyfriend still won’t marry me after 11 years. What should I do?”

Or…

“Hi, my girlfriend won’t stop flirting with other guys even though we’ve been together for 6 months. She says she’s just a natural flirt. How can I change her?”

Here’s my usual response: Don’t bother to.

You know the old says, “Take me as I am?”

It’s very true. In a relationship, you shouldn’t expect to change your partner much. Because chances are, you won’t be able to.

As I’ve mentioned many times in my various publications, the “character” or a person is something you cannot change easily. Trying to change your partner will only bring anger and resentment. Take your partner the way they are. If you can’t stand them without changing them, then you need to look for someone new!

Watch Out For Mistake #3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post Back to Top

Relationship Blogs On Blog Catalog

Latest entries from relationships.blog-city.com

Love and Relationship Advice Blog

Blogs Rating
Relationships blogs & blog posts
Dr.5z5 Open Feed Directory
Relationships Blogs - Blog Rankings
blogarama - the blog directory
free counters